Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Instruction & Service Statistics
The Buxton Library @ PVCC serves the college and community by supporting learning through relevant resources and engaging learners through excellence in diverse programs and instruction.
General Education Assessment & Information Literacy
The Buxton Library @ PVCC actively participates in the General Education Assessment program at Paradise Valley Community College--see link below. Assessment provides benchmarks of student learning as well as achievement of instructional goals. Effective collaboration within the Library Division’s information literacy framework creates a teaching and learning experience where students benefit from the research expertise of a Faculty Librarian guiding them through their content area’s objectives. During the instructional time together, students are provided hands on practice of learned research skills as well as relevant research time.
It is the goal of the Library Division to:
- Play a foundational role in the institution’s missions, goals, and objectives;
- Support and collaborate with faculty and administration;
- Provide a systematic and thorough use of quantitative and qualitative measures;
- Assess and evaluate approaches that lead to improvement;
- Set realistic goals for student learning within an instructional timetable, and;
- Evaluate the assessment program.
Learning Outcome(s) Assessed - Information Literacy Rubric (see link below):
- The student will be able to determine the nature and extent of the information needed.
- The student will be able to access needed information effectively and efficiently.
- The student will be able to evaluate information and its sources critically and incorporate selected information from his or her knowledge value system.
Higher Learning Commission Documents
The documents listed below are part of public record and presented to the HLC Committee: