Database Access Problems
Check that you are a currently active student, staff, or faculty in the library and SIS system. Community borrowers do not have remote access to databases due to copyright policy.
Check your Firewall settings. Turn off the firewall and then try accessing the database. ...
Check for Internet Security Software. ...
Check for a Popup Blocker. ...
Change the Privacy Level on your Browser. ...,
Call 602-787-7200 during normal working hours if having problems or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond between 24-48 hrs.
Technical Access Problems
Please go to the Technical Help Desk to help you with any technical issues you might be having.
If you are having issues logging into PVCC's databases and you need to get to that particular database right away, then here is another way that you can log on to access MCCCD's general databases (like Academic Onefile, Academic Search Premier, Opposing Viewpoints, etc)
Here are the steps:
1. Go to PVCC Library website - https://www.paradisevalley.
2. Choose "Databases" (located on the left-hand column)
3. Pick " M " and click on "MCCCD Library Resources" - https://libguides.maricopa.
4. Then click on the "Search Research Databases" tab (left-hand column)
5. Go to "See all Databases Listed by Title A-Z " located in the upper right-hand corner.
6. Locate the database you are looking for in this A to Z list of databases.
Again, this is a secondary way to access the databases when not being able to log on through PVCC's library databases website.
Please note: You can access these same e-resources (databases) in your CANVAS class by looking at the left-hand column and choosing and clicking on "Library"
Accessing Databases or CANVAS from Off-Campus
Note: Access to all e-resources for use off-campus are only for MCCCD students, staff, and faculty and can access Library resources by signing in with their MEID and password.
For assistance visit